I got some cool news that my little blog was nominated for the Liebster Award. In order to accept the nomination there are some rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you
- Give eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven bloggers that you think are deserving of the award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them eleven questions to answer
I was nominated by Leslie at Books, in Other Words. Thank you, Leslie!!! 🙂
Here are the questions she gave me, with my answers:
1. What is the first book you remember really enjoying? I think that my life as a reader probably started with the Goosebumps books, I guess I was around 7 or 8 when I first began to read those. I think that there are still at least 50 of them in my parents’ basement. The new movie that’s coming out looks silly but is making me feel quite nostalgic!
2. Cats or dogs? (You must chose one!) DOGS. Always dogs. No question 🙂 (I don’t dislike cats, though, I just love doggies so much more)
3. Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where is your favorite place to travel? I have been to eight other countries outside of the US. My favorites so far have been Spain, the UK, and Norway. I hope to visit each of these again and do some more exploring too.
4. What’s your favorite season? Definitely autumn. I actually don’t mind winter either, but fall is better. In spring the temperature is fine, but I get allergies, and I am NOT a summer girl at all. It finally got super hot here and I’m not happy about it :p
5. Do you think that kids should still be taught how to write in cursive? Honestly, I don’t really think that it’s necessary anymore, and probably wasn’t even necessary when I learned it, but I loved learning it and thought it was fun, so I see nothing wrong with continuing to each it and would be happy for my future kids to learn. I don’t think it’s a controversial topic 😉
6. Do you speak any language besides English? Any amount of knowledge counts. I was a Spanish major in college and at the height of my studies I was near fluent, but I am so out of practice now. I really want to get back into it and get all of the way there. I can also fully read and write Hebrew, though I don’t have a very strong vocabulary, AND my husband made up his very own language called Uzateno which I am slowly learning.
7. Who is your favorite author? Neil Gaiman 🙂 I love that man. I need to find out when he’s going to be in my area next for a signing so I can meet him.
8. Do you have a favorite genre that you read? I don’t think that I do. I read from so many different genres and it is more about the individual book. I do LOVE historical fiction when it’s really good and transports me into the time and place when I’m reading.
9. Do you like to cook or bake, and are you good at it? I love to do both! I think I’m better at baking than cooking at this point, but I’m not a bad cook either and I’m always collecting cookbooks and trying new recipes. Our kitchen right now is small so it can be hard to work in there but I am hoping that once we move I will be able to cook much more. In law school I did a lot of “stress baking” and made lots of friends in my classes by plying them with extra cookies and cupcakes.
10. Have you ever sent something back in a restaurant when your food was wrong or not good? I’m sure that I have, but I can’t think of a specific time. I always get nervous that if I complain they will spit in my food or something…
11. How do you feel about pop music? Not my favorite genre but nothing at all against it!
Here are my eleven (very) random facts:
1. I drive a big, obnoxiously red SUV. His name is Clifford (after the Big Red Dog) and he is my baby. He is not a new car, but has considerably low mileage for his age, and I plan on driving him until there is nothing left of him to drive :p
2. I love all things Disney and especially Disney World. It’s honestly been more fun going there as a (technical) adult than as a kid. One of the best things is the food. We are always planning our next trip! Hopefully we can go again for our first wedding anniversary. My best best friend also lives in Orlando so when we go down there it’s an added bonus because I get to finally spend time with her.
3. In addition to my love of puppies, corgis most of all, I love baby farm animals, especially cows and goats! Soooo cute. My family has no idea where I get this from, considering that I grew up and live in the NYC suburbs…
4. I am lactose intolerant (among several other digestive issues) and in all likelihood have been so all of my life, but only found out when I was in middle school. The enzyme pills work for the most part but I still can’t really have regular milk or ice cream or too much cheese without getting very sick. It’s a sad life.
5. I have a brother who is 4 years younger than me. When he was born I was miserable and hated him. Now we are very close. He’s the smartest and nicest guy that I know.
6. I love having breakfast foods for dinner. More so pancakes or French toast than eggs.
7. I don’t really drink much alcohol and don’t see the appeal in getting really drunk. I never have and never will. I like how most alcohol tastes but will only have a few drinks at a time and stop before any considerable level of intoxication. It’s just how I am, and I really hate being pressured or feeling judged because of it.
8. Some of my favorite smells are gasoline and chlorine. Just typing that out sounds gross but it’s true…
9. I don’t really like talking on the phone. There are only a handful of people that I feel comfortable enough to have a long phone talk with. If you’re one of them, you know who you are and you’re special 🙂 Everyone else can just text me :p
10. In our current house search, one of the most important things for me is finding a room or at least part of a room that can serve as my library and reading area!! We have hundreds of books and they need to be displayed nicely and accessibly.
11. I completely understand (well, I don’t actually understand, but I respect the opinion) when people say that they don’t enjoy reading and would prefer to watch TV or another activity, but I dislike when people think that this is something to brag about (being like “LOL I HAVEN’T READ A BOOK IN YEARS”). In my opinion it makes you sound really unintelligent. I know that might come off as snobby but……. come on.
Okay. I am apparently a very boring person because it took me forever to come up with those 11 facts. Now for the bloggers that I nominate:
1. Fifteen Thousand Pages
2. Art and Soul
3. The Book Jar Blog
4. Little Pink Crayon Reviews
5. Book Poisoning
6. Christiana Reads
7. The Book Boulevard
8. The Book Venom
9. Holly, Every Day
10. That Weird Brown Girl
11. Every Book You Need to Read and More
Now to somehow come up with 11 questions for you that were as good as the ones I got:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Who would you want to play you in the movie version of your life?
3. Likewise, if you could play anyone in a movie, who would it be?
4. Who is your favorite musical artist?
5. Do you have any weird talents or habits?
6. What is a book that you always seem to recommend to people?
7. Do you collect anything interesting (besides books)?
8. What is one thing you hope to accomplish soon?
9. Are you a coffee drinker?
10. Do you have any pet peeves?
11. Do you prefer paper books, e-books, or audiobooks?
I will let everyone know that I nominated them but if you have already done this then please don’t feel obligated to do it again, just know that you are TWICE as awesome :p