Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, participating bloggers create a list corresponding to a particular theme. This week, we are listing our top ten debut authors who have us looking forward to their sophomore novels, and/or top ten sophomore novels we loved just as much as the debut book! I know I haven’t been around here much lately because of work but this is a topic that I enjoy and I’m happy to join in for once (scheduled post of course). I will do 5 that I want a sophomore novel of and 5 sophomore novels I liked:
- Erin Morgenstern, The Night Circus: I have seen mixed reviews but I absolutely adored this book and I really really would like to see her next book soon, I know it’s in progress.
- Andy Weir, The Martian: You can see my review for this book here.
- Helene Wecker, The Golem and the Jinni: You can see my review for this book here.
- Rene Denfeld, The Enchanted: You can see my review for this book here.
- Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies: I know that 2 more books are in progress
- Kiera Cass, The Elite: Ok this is cheating but I’m tired :p
- Gillian Flynn, Dark Places: Much preferred this one to her debut (Sharp Objects) actually, and found Gone Girl the best of the 3 so far
- Caitlin Moran, Moranthology: I loved the randomness of this compared to How To Be A Woman
- Deborah Harkness, Shadow of Night: I think that the first 2 books in the trilogy slightly edged out the third for me, but those first 2 were quite close.
- Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere/Stardust: Neverwhere was his first solo novel following Good Omens with Terry Pratchett, so I could count both of these as the sophomore novel depending on how you look at it.
As ALWAYS please share your TTT below. I know that I have been busy and not as active on here but I will respond to any of your comments and check out your own posts as well.