I was nominated for another blog award! My friend Claire @ Art and Soul nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Reading her reviews and talking to her on here always brings some sunshine to my day, so I am very grateful for her nomination 🙂
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the people/person who nominated you.
2. Write a post featuring the award button and answering the questions from your nominator(s). They will have nominated the same number of people as questions they answered.
3. Nominate the same number of bloggers as the person who nominated you did and come up with the same number of new questions. (I’m breaking this rule; see below)
4. Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.
Here are my answers to Claire’s questions:
- If you can’t have both, do you go for a starter or dessert?
Dessert, for sure!!! I have a serious sweet tooth.
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
There is a lot. Among many things, I would tell myself not to settle in terms of friendships or relationships, to try to get out of my comfort zone/introverted shell a little bit more in high school and college, and to eat some more salads and fewer burgers 😉
- What celebrity would you like to meet and why?
I don’t know if she counts as a “celebrity”, although she definitely is one to me, but I really want to meet Julia Collins, who had the second-longest winning streak on Jeopardy! after Ken Jennings and was the most successful female winner in the history of the show. I auditioned in June and I’m waiting desperately for the call that I hope I get sometime within the next year or so, and I would like to know about her strategy, what she reads and watches in her spare time, and so on. She has discussed these things in interviews but it would be an honor to meet her. Yes I’m a nerd.
- Tell us about a personal achievement you’re proud of.
I guess I would say passing the bar exam in two states (New York and New Jersey) on my first try out. I was REALLY not confident that I would be able to pass on the first try. The next time the test was offered was two weeks before the wedding and I knew if I failed I would never be able to prepare for that re-take, so I really considered it a miracle that it happened when it was supposed to! And now I never have to take that demon test again 😀
- What was your favorite toy(s) when you were a child?
I wasn’t super into dolls really; I preferred stuffed animals and have definitely held onto a few of my favorite ones even now. I liked puzzles a lot, and I also learned to read before I turned 3 so honestly I had a LOT of books even when I was very young.
And here are my 5 questions:
- What is the *worst* book you’ve read so far this year?
- What is your all time favorite movie and/or TV show?
- What makes you a good friend / a good person to have around?
- Do you prefer to read multiple books at a time, or just one after another?
- Would you rather live in a city, the country, or something in between?
And for the nominations, here is where I’m breaking the rules. I am going to just nominate ALL of my followers. If you haven’t already done this award and are intrigued by the questions I’ve posed I really encourage you to answer them! You can either do it below in the comments or make a post and say I nominated you. I mean it!