I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Tiffani @ The Book Venom. She was one of the first to find me when I started blogging and I’m very happy about that! Thank you, Tiffani!! 🙂
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 7 questions the nomination has provided
- Nominate 7 other bloggers
- Create 7 questions for your nominees
My answers to Tiffani’s questions:
- If you could choose your own name, what would it be? I’m actually pretty happy with my name. A lot of people ask me if it is short for Abigail but it’s not. I like that it’s a bit different in that way. I also like my new last name a lot although I’m still getting used to having to spell it for people. My maiden name was very, very easy.
- What quality do you value most in your friends? Loyalty. My friends know that I will ALWAYS have their back, take their side in any type of disagreement, and just generally do whatever I can to encourage and support them always, and I expect the same in return!
- What is your most unusual nighttime or morning ritual? I generally can’t go to sleep without watching at least one or two episodes of Friends… but I don’t think that is SO unusual. In the morning when I leave for work I have to put a traffic cone in the spot where I park my car so that it isn’t taken by people who rent the boat slips behind our house or eat in the restaurant nearby. So that’s a pretty odd morning ritual. Yeah… we really need to move.
- How far would you go to save your books if one day books are ordered to be destroyed? This question gives me heart palpitations :p I would probably do whatever I needed to do to preserve them. I’m not going to say that I’d die for my books… but I do have hundreds of them and they are precious to me… hopefully I won’t ever need to develop a real plan of action on this one.
- Share the most important thing you have learned in life so far! I have a few. Most of them are clichés but I believe that they’re clichés for a reason: If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all (this one is from my mom, who told me this all the time when I was younger and occasionally still needs to remind me); something great will happen to you when you least expect it; trust your intuition about people and their characters (and trust your friends’ opinions, too, even if you don’t want to believe them); don’t expect love and/or respect from anyone until you first love and respect yourself; a bad situation can always be made better with tea, a nap, a good book, and a dog.
- Would you clone yourself if you could? I don’t think so. I think that one of me is enough in this world :p I also wouldn’t want my husband and friends to ditch real me for clone me. Although I guess I could send my clone to work and stay home and read… hmmmmmm
- How do you think books will look in 100 years? I think that (unfortunately) paper books will continue to decline and ebooks will continue to rise. However I am also picturing situations in which books are still paper, but have tech elements to them, like moving illustrations (something like in Harry Potter) or a pop up computer like in Iron Man with word definitions and other things. That would be pretty sweet.
Now we are up to nominations. I think that I am going to bend the rules a little bit right now. Instead of just choosing 7 of the bloggers that I follow, I want everyone who is reading this to answer the questions, either in your own blog post or in the comments below, if you are so inclined. I think that all of you have great blogs!
Here are my questions for you all:
- What is one of your favorite quotes? It can be from a book, movie, TV show…
- What is your favorite thing to shop for *besides books*?
- You have a day to do whatever you want, no matter the location or cost. What do you do?
- Who would you choose to write your biography?
- Where is your ideal reading spot?
- What makes your home special to you?
- What is your favorite word in any language?